Wondering why the Facetime icon is missing from your Apple iPhone or iPad? It’s a common problem, and probably the result of a restriction you or someone with access to the device set. Here’s how to solve it.
First, be sure the Facetime icon isn’t hiding somewhere in a folder. Swipe back and forth between each home screen and check each and every folder.
You may want to also consider resetting the home screen icons to their default settings if you still can’t find it.
- From the Home screen, swipe all the way over to the left to reveal the “Search” box.
- Type “Facetime” in the “Search” field.
- The app should appear as a selection. Tap it to open it.
Sometimes family members or anybody with access to your iPhone will accidentally change settings. If the restriction settings are changed, it can limit what icons are shown on the home screen, including the Facetime icon.
- Select “Settings” > “General” > “Restrictions“.
- Type the passcode. If you didn’t set the passcode, ask anybody who had access to the device if they set one.
- Set the “Facetime” restriction to “On“. It should look like it does in the image below.
Note: Also ensure that Camera is enabled. Facetime will not work unless Camera is enabled.
This should unhide the Facetime button on the iPhone, iPad and the iPod Touch.