Users of Microsoft Windows 8, 7, or Vista may receive an error when they try to log off a user using Task Manager. Here’s how to workaround this issue.
User username (SessionId=2) could not be logged off. Access is denied.
- Right-click an empty area of the taskbar, then choose “Task Manager” to open the Task Manager window.
- Select the “Processes” tab
- Choose “Show processes from all users“.
- When prompted type the administrator password.
- Task manager should now run in Administrator Mode. You can now switch to the “Users” tab and log off the user.
In some instances, this process will not work. In that case, you may have to login with a different account that has administrator rights.