Normally, you can tap and hold any photo in the Gallery app for Android to access the option to delete. That option may not appear for all of your photos. That’s because the Gallery may not only show images on your device. It also may show items on the Picasa and Google Plus service.
You have a couple of options on how to deal with this issue.
Option 1 – Disable Syncing with Google+/Picasa
If you want to keep your images in your Google Plus profile, but you don’t want them displayed within the Gallery app, you can simply disable photo syncing with these steps:
- Go to “Settings” > “Accounts” > “Google“. From there, you can select the Google account you are using, then uncheck the “Sync Picasa Web Albums” option.
- Now under “Settings” > “Application manager“, swipe over to “All” > “Gallery“, and select “Clear data“.
Google+ and Picasa items will no longer appear in the Gallery app.
Option 2 – Delete Photos from Google+/Picasa
- Visit your personal Instant Upload page.
- Select the photo(s) you wish to delete.
- Select the trash icon, then choose “Move to trash“.
The photo will then be removed from Gallery after the next sync with your Android.