If you have broken the screen of your Apple iPhone and cannot access the menus, you still have options if you wish to wipe data from the device.
Option 1 – iCloud
If you used your iPhone with an iCloud account, you may be able to sign into your iCloud account from a web browser and wipe the phone with these steps.
- Visit icloud.com and sign into your account.
- Select “Find iPhone“.
- Select the “All Devices” option at the top of the screen, then select your device.
- Choose the “Erase iPhone” option.
Option 2 – iTunes
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to any computer that has iTunes installed.
- Press and hold the “Home” and “Sleep/Wake” buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds
- Open iTunes and it should provide a message that your device is connected in Recovery Mode. Select the “Restore” option.