Prevent Spotify from starting when your computer boots by disabling automatic startup.
- Open “Spotify“.
- Select “Edit‘ > “Preferences” in Microsoft Windows or “Spotify” > “Preferences” in MacOS.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and select the “Show Advanced Settings” button.
- Scroll to the “Startup and Window Behaviour” section.
- For the “Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer” setting, use the drop-down menu to select “No“.
The setting is automatically saved once it’s selected. Now Spotify should no longer automatically launch whenever you start your computer. I should mention that I discovered a service called “SpotifyWebHelper” that allows you to start Spotify from a web page. You can disable “SpotifyWebHelper” from starting by turning the “Allow Spotify to be started from the Web” setting to “Off“.
Option 2 (Windows Only)
- Right-click a blank area of the taskbar, then choose “Task Manager“.
- Select the “Startup” tab.
- Right-click “Spotify“, then select “Disable“.