If you want to stop Android apps from opening web browsers, you need to tweak a series of settings. We’ll show you exactly what steps you need to follow.
How to Stop Apps from Launching URLs in Browser
- The first step is to open the Settings app.
- Then tap Apps.
- Locate your default browser.
- Select the Open by default section.
- Tap the Clear defaults option.
- You should now see the message ‘No defaults set.’
Open Supported Links Within the App
On the other hand, if you want to change how you open supported links, locate the option called Open supported links in this app.
For example, let’s say you want to open Facebook supported links.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Locate the Facebook app.
- Tap Open by default.
- Locate the option called Open supported links in this app.
- Select it and set it to Always allow. In this manner, you’ll open all the supported Facebook links within the app.
On the other hand, if you don’t like the idea of opening supported links in the app, you can set the option to Don’t allow.
Or, if you’re not sure, you can select Ask every time. You’ll be prompted to select how you want to open the links every time you tap one.
Don’t Like Your Current Browser?
Speaking of Android browsers, we totally understand if you no longer like your current browser. Maybe you want a faster, more secure browser. Or a browser that brings more features to the table.
If you want to change the default browser on Android, check out this guide. We listed all the steps you need to follow to replace your current browser with a different one.