Microsoft Outlook has a logging feature that’s used to troubleshoot technical issues. It keeps a log file of email and calendar events in Outlook. Here’s how to enable or disable this feature.
Via Outlook Settings
- Select “File” > “Options“.
- Select “Advanced“.
- Scroll down to the “Other” section and check the “Enable troubleshooting logging” option.
- Hold the Windows Key, and press “R” to bring up the Run window.
- Type “regedit“, then select “OK” to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 16.0 \ Outlook \ Options \ Mail
- Look for the key “EnableLogging“and double click on it. If it doesn’t exist, create it by right-clicking the “Mail” folder and choose “New” > “DWORD (32-bit value)“
- Set the value to one of the following:
- 1 = enabled
- 0 = disabled
Where is the Outlook log file saved?
- %temp%\Outlook Logging folder