Add personal folders to Microsoft Outlook 2016, or 2013 and store items locally in an PST file with these easy steps.
- Select the “File” menu in the upper-left corner.
- Choose “Account Settings“, then “Account Settings” again.
- Select the “Data Files” tab.
- Select the “Add” button.
- If you have an existing PST file you would like to add, navigate to the location where you PST resides, then select the file. To create a new PST just provide a “File name“.
- Select “OK“.
In MacOS, you can import a PST into your existing mailbox. It doesn’t work like it does in Windows though with a separate section.
- Select the “File” menu, then choose “Import…“.
- Select “Outlook for Windows archive file (.pst)“, then select “Continue“.
- Select the file, then choose “Import“.
How do I remove a PST file?
From the same “Account Settings” screen you used to add the file, select the Personal Folder you wish to delete, then select the “Remove” button.