Want to know all about updating apps on the Amazon Kindle Fire? Here’s everything you need to know.
Your Kindle Fire is setup to automatically update apps downloaded from the Amazon Appstore by default. You can check this by going to:
- “Settings” > “Apps & Games” > “Amazon Application Settings” > “Appstore” > “Automatic Updates” > “Enable Automatic Updates“
Manually Check if Updates Are Available
You can have a look at recent updates or see if there are updates available by using these steps:
- From the Home screen, select “Appstore“.
- Select the “Menu” icon located at the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Select “App Updates“.
- Swipe to the “APP UPDATES” list.
- You will see apps that have recently been updates as well as any updates that are currently available.
Update Apps Installed Via APK
If you have installed an app on the Fire manually via an APK file, you will have to manually install any updates if they are available.
Check the version of an app installed via APK with these steps:
- Home > “Settings” > “Apps & Games” > “Manage All Applications” > “DOWNLOADED“
- Select the app, and the version is displayed under the title on the upper-left portion of the screen.
Visit APKMirror to check if there is a newer version of your app.