Android app files can come via an APK file. You can install APK files on the Amazon Kindle Fire tablet by enabling a setting. Just follow these steps.
Note: Be careful about where you have obtained the APK file. Files that come from non-legitimate sources may be corrupted or contain viruses. Please know what you are doing before you proceed.
- From the Fire, go to one of the following locations depending on your device:
- 5th Generation Devices – “Settings” > “Security” > “Apps from Unknown Sources“.
- 3rd and 4th Generation Devices – “Settings” > “Applications” > “Apps From Unknown Sources“
- First and Second Generation Devices – “Settings” > “More” > “Device” > “Allow Installation of Applications” and ensure it’s set to “On“.
- Open the Kindle Fire web browser and download the APK file. You can also transfer APK files from your computer by connecting the Kindle Fire to the computer with a USB cable.
- Open the notification area (top bar). It should show that the .APK file is downloading. Tap it once the download has finished.
- Select “Install“.