Are you tired of your Amazon Kindle Fire automatically correcting and capitalizing the words you type? I was, and had to disable the setting. Here’s how to turn the auto correction and capitalization features of the Kindle Fire on or off.
Kindle Fire HDX & HD
- Swipe down the bar at the top of the screen and choose “Settings“.
- Select “Language & Keyboard“.
- Select “Current Keyboard Settings“.
- Set “Auto-capitalization” and “Auto-correction” to “On” or “Off” as desired. You might want to change “Next-word Suggestions” also if you have a preference on whether or not the Kindle Fire should try to predict what word you are typing.
Original Kindle Fire
- Original Kindle Fire users select the settings gear then choose “More“.
- Choose “Kindle Keyboard“.
- Switch “Auto-capitalization” and “Quick fixes” to “On” or “Off” as desired.