When I viewed an app that was in the U.K. version of the Apple iTunes App Store, I had trouble switching back to the U.S. App Store. Whenever you switch, you get a message that says “Item Not Available. The item you’ve requested is not currently available in the U.S. Store, but it is available in the U.K. Store. Click Change Store to view this item.” Once I selected that “Change Store” button, I was lost in the world of apps and music from the United Kingdom and couldn’t get back to the United States version of the store.
To get back to the United States version of Apple iTunes, you can do one of the following.
- Open your web browser, then visit a web page for an app that’s located in the U.S. App Store.
- On the page, select the “View in iTunes” button. It should then prompt you to go back to the U.S. store.
- In iTunes, select the menu to the left to the search box at the top of the page and select “Sign Out“.
- Select the menu again then sign back in.
- iTunes will prompt you with a message that says “This Apple ID is only valid for purchases in the U.S. iTunes Store. You will be switched to that Store.“
- Click OK and you’re back in America!