Is the “Share My Location” option on your Apple iPhone or iPad grayed out? Here are a few things you can check if you have this problem.
Fix 1 – Ensure iCloud is Enabled
The “Share My Location” option will only light up if you sync with iCloud. Go to “Settings” > “iCloud” and login with your Apple account.
Fix 2 – Ensure Restrictions are Not Enabled
- From the Home screen, select “Settings“.
- Choose “General“.
- Select “Restrictions“.
- Type the PIN that is set on your device. If you don’t know what the PIN is, check with others who have had access to the device to see if they set one.
- Select “Location Services“.
- Ensure that “Allow Changes” is enabled.
- Select “Share My Location” and ensure that it is set to “On” (green).