Is the “Share My Location” option on your Apple iPhone or iPad grayed out? Here are a few things you can check if you have this problem.
Fix 1 – Ensure iCloud is Enabled
The “Share My Location” option will only light up if you sync with iCloud. Go to “Settings” > “iCloud” and login with your Apple account.
Fix 2 – Ensure Locations Services is Enabled
- Open “Settings” > “Privacy” > “Location Services“.
- Ensure “Location Services” is turned “On” or “Off” as desired.
Fix 3 – Ensure Restrictions are Not Enabled
- From the Home screen, select “Settings“.
- Choose “General“.
- Select “Restrictions“.
- Type the PIN that is set on your device. If you don’t know what the PIN is, check with others who have had access to the device to see if they set one.
- Select “Location Services“.
- Ensure that “Allow Changes” is enabled.
- Select “Share My Location” and ensure that it is set to “On” or “Off” as desired.
Note: You may not be able to change this setting if your device was provided by your school or employer. In this case, you will need to contact the administrator of your enterprise devices and get them to unlock the setting.