It’s not very clear how to rewind or fast-forward music on the Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. The feature is so hard to find that some users think there is no way to do it. You can though, and here’s how.
iOS 7 and Higher
- From the Music app, start the song or track.
- Drag the red bar on the music timeline to the desired spot. Alternately, you can tap and hold the fast-forward or rewind buttons as well to skip ahead or backtrack respectively.
iOS6 and Lower
- Hold the device in a portrait orientation.
- While a song is playing, the album art will appear. If there is no album art, a music note appears instead. Tap the album art/note.
- Now you will see a bunch of features you may not be aware of. One of them is the line that indicates where on the music track your song is playing. You can now drag the ball back and forth to fast forward or rewind.