Enjoy all your LG G4 smartphone has to offer on a bigger screen. You can connect your LG G4 to a TV or projector with these options.
Option 1 – HDMI SlimPort
The LG G4 supports a hard wired connection to a TV via HDMI SlimPort adapter and the micro USB port.
- Purchase a SlimPort adapter if you don’t have one already.
- Connect a standard HDMI cable between the SlimPort adapter and the HDMI port your TV or projector.
- Connect the micro USB connector on the SlimPort adapter to the LG G4.
- Connect the power cable to your phone to the adapter and ensure it is plugged into a wall outlet.
Your device will be mirrored on the display. Audio will be routed as well.
Option 2 – Miracast
Mirror your device wirelessly to any device that supports Miracast.
If you have a projector or TV that supports Miracast, you can mirror your LG G4 screen wirelessly. If you’re not sure if your TV or projector supports Miracast, have a look at the MHL Device List.
Ensure the Miracast TV/adapter and LG G4 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, then select “Settings” > “Networks” > “Share & connect” > “Miracast“, and switch “Miracast” to “On“.
Option 3 – Chromecast
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Chromecast, you can purchase a Chromecast and connect it to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure the Chromecast and LG G4 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Chromecast app on the LG G4.
- Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.
- Open an app that supports Chromecast, then choose the “Cast” button from within the app.
Option 4 – DLNA
If you have a media server that supports DLNA, you can connect your LG G4 to it and share photos, video, and music with it using these steps.
- Open “Settings” > “Networks” > “Share & connect” > “Media server“.
- Check the “Content sharing” box.
- Select the G4 in the list.
- Check the “Content to share” box, then select the types of media you wish to share. Select “OK” when you are done.
This post applies to the LG H811, LG H810 models.