Learn how to cut, copy and paste text or photos like a pro from your Samsung Galaxy Note8 or S8 using these steps.
- Navigate to the screen that contains text you would like to copy or cut.
- Tap and hold a word until it is highlighted.
- Drag the bars to highlight the words you wish to cut or copy.
- Select the “Cut” or “Copy” option. These options will look different depending on which app you’re using.
- Navigate to the area you wish to paste the text, then tap and hold the box.
- The “Paste” option should appear. Select it, and your text is pasted.
You could also select “Clipboard” if you wish to use a history of items you have cut or copied to the clipboard.
You can perform similar actions with images from most apps. Simply tap and hold the image, navigate to where you would like to paste it, then tap and hold to select “Paste“.
Why isn’t cut, copy, and paste working for me?
Not all apps support it. Apps like Facebook don’t allow it in certain areas of the app.