Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note8 or Galaxy S8 to your computer and transfer files between the smartphone and your PC.
- Windows users should download and install the USB drivers for the Galaxy Note8 or S8. Mac users can download and install Android File Transfer. Optionally, Windows and Mac users can download and install the Smart Switch software from the Samsung website.
- Connect the device to an available USB port using the included USB cable.
- A prompt will appear on the screen of the phone. It should default to “USB for file transfer“. Ensure this option is chosen.
- The Galaxy should show under “Computer” or “This PC” for Windows users, and should show on the Desktop. MacOS users can open the Android File Transfer application.
- Pictures are found under “DCIM” >”Camera“.
- Screenshots are under “DCIM” > “Screenshots“.
Does Samsung Kies work with the Galaxy Note 8 or S8?
Why is my computer not detecting the Galaxy Note8 or S8?
If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the proper drivers. Otherwise, I recommend using the cable that was included with your device, but some users have discovered that another cable works better. You may also want to try a different USB port. Also, ensure the S8 is connected directly to a port on your computer and there are no hubs or other equipment being used.
This tutorial applies to the Samsung Galaxy S8 models SM-G955, SM-G950, and Note8 model SM-N950.