Error code 0x8019019a usually pops up on Windows 10 when you’re trying to set up your Yahoo Mail account in the Mail App. But it can also occur when you’re updating your Yahoo account after changing your password. Oftentimes, this error prevents you from logging in to your email account. If you’re looking for a solution to fix this error, pursue the troubleshooting steps below.
How Do I Fix Yahoo Mail Error 0x8019019a on Windows 10?
Delete Your Yahoo Account
Let’s start off by removing your Yahoo account from the Mail App.
- Launch the Mail App and click on More options (the three lines).
- Select Settings and go to Manage accounts.
- Delete your Yahoo account, and close the app.
- Right-click on your desktop, and hit the Refresh option.
- Then launch the Mail App, go back to Manage accounts, and add your Yahoo account again. Check if the issue is gone.
Reinstall Mail App
Many users confirmed that uninstalling and reinstall the Mail App did the trick for them.
- Go to Settings, click on Apps and go to Apps and features.
- Locate the Mail App in the list of the apps installed on your device and hit the Uninstall button.
- Restart your computer and go to the Microsoft Store.
- Download and reinstall the Mail App.
Generate a New App Password
Other users solved the problem by generating a new Yahoo app password. Use that password when setting up the Yahoo account in Outlook.
- Launch your web browser, navigate to www.login.yahoo.com.
- Then click on your name, and select Account info to edit your Yahoo account settings.
- Navigate to Account Security and select Manage app passwords at the bottom of the page.
- Use the drop-down menu and select Other app.
- Hit the Generate button to generate a new 16-character password.
- Copy the new Yahoo password to your clipboard.
- Launch the Mail App, go to Settings, and select Manage accounts.
- Hit the Add account button but don’t select Yahoo. Instead, click on Other.
- Enter your Yahoo email address and paste the new password. Check if the issue is gone.
Disable Background Apps
Close all the apps running in the background to make sure they’re not interfering with the Mail App. Launch the Task Manager, click on the Processes tab, and right-click on the program you want to close. Hit the End task option. Launch the Mail App again and check if the annoying error code 0x8019019a persists.
Reset Your Mail App
If the error persists, try resetting your Mail App.
- Go to Settings, select Apps, go to Apps and Features.
- Click on the Mail App and select Advanced Options.
- Scroll down to Reset and hit the Reset button.
- Restart the app and check the results.
To fix Yahoo Mail error code 0x8019019a on your Windows 10 Mail App, delete your Yahoo account from the Mail App. Restart the app and re-add the account. If the issue persists, generate a new Yahoo app password and use it to set up the Yahoo account in the Mail App. Did these solutions help you get rid of error code 0x8019019a? Let us know in the comments below.