So you want to do rounded corners using Paint.NET? You must learn how. I mean your web site would be so not in style without images with rounded corners! I’m going to show you the easiest method with these steps.
Here we have a nice picture of downtown Chicago. I want to give it rounded corners.
- First I want to add a new layer by selecting “Layers” > “Add New Layer“.
- Now select “Tool” > “Rounded Rectangle“.
- Select a color that is not used in your photo. In this example, I chose bright green.
- In the upper left corner, select “Draw Filled Shape“.
- Draw the rounded rectangle over the area you would like to keep for your rounded corners image.
- Use the Magic Wand to select the area of the rounded rectangle.
- Select “Edit” > “Invert Selection“.
- Now the area outside of the rounded square will be selected.
- Select “Layers” > “Delete Layer” to delete the layer we made our rounded square on.
- The area outside of the rounded square will still be selected.
- Simply press “Delete” on your keyboard and you are left with your image, now with rounded corners.