Google Chrome users MacOS Sierra have found that they cannot click the scrollbar to scroll up or down on web pages. The following two fixes have solved this issue for most users.
Fix 1 – Zap PRAM
- Shut down your Mac completely using Apple Menu > “Shut Down…“
- Turn the system back on. When you hear the Apple startup sound, quickly press and hold the “Option” + “Command” + “P” + “R” keys simultaneously.
- When you hear the second Apple sound, release the buttons.
- You have reset the NVRAM or “zapped” the PRAM. Give Chrome a try now.
Fix 2 – Disable Scrolling in Accessibility
- Select Apple Menu > “System Preferences...”.
- Select “Accessibility“.
- Choose “Mouse & Trackpad” in the left pane.
- Select the “Trackpad Options…” button.
- Uncheck the “Scrolling” box.
Give Chrome a try now.