This tutorial will teach you how to scan multiple or single documents or photos using the Canon MX492 multi-function printer. Just follow these steps.
- Ensure you have installed the software for your MX492. You can download and install it from Canon’s website.
- Launch the IJ Scan Utility. Windows users can launch it from “Start” > “Programs” > “Canon Utilities” > “IJ Scan Utility” > “IJ Scan Utility“. MacOS users can select “Go” from the Finder, then select “Applications” > “Canon IJ Scan Utility“..
- Load a single document or photo you wish to scan on the scan surface or multiples in the document feed tray.
- Select one of the following options:
- “Auto” – Auto detect documents on platen or document feeder and scan.
- “Photo” – Scan photos placed on the platen.
- “Documents” – Scan a document placed on the platen.
- “Custom” – Scan with settings configured under “Settings…“.
- “Stitch” – Scan multiple pages and combine them together to make one image.
Files are saved in the format and folder specified in “Settings…“. Be sure to check the section that matches the selection you have chosen.
You can scan to an email message under “Settings…” by using the “Attach to e-mail” selection.