Apple iTunes has been redesigned, and figuring out the new interface can be a bit daunting. Copying playlists to an iPhone, iPad or iPod is a bit different depending on the version you are using. Here’s how it’s done.
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Select the music note icon located at the upper-left portion of the screen, then choose the “Playlists” tab at the top center portion of the screen.
- Playlists are listed in the left pane. Select the playlist(s) you wish to sync, then drag them to your device listed in the “Devices” section on the left pane. They will then sync to your device.
1. Connect your device to the computer. A button should appear for your device in the upper-right portion of the screen. Click it.
2. Select Add To… This will make a contents menu available on the right side.
3. Select Playlists at the top of the screen.
4. Drag any playlist from the left side to the right side.
5. Click Done, then select the Sync button in the lower right corner of the screen to sync your changes.
You have successfully transferred a playlist to your Apple device. If you liked the old way of doing things, you can always enable the left sidebar again.