I recently upgraded to Microsoft Windows 8 and found that iTunes no longer detected my iPod Touch or iPhone. Here’s how I fixed it.
- Open Control Panel.
- Select Hardware and Sound.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Your iPhone or iPod should be displayed in the Unspecified section. Right-click it and select Properties.
- Select the Hardware tab, then click the Properties button.
- From the General tab, select the Change settings button.
- Select the Driver tab, then select Update Driver.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Browse… then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- Click Next > Close.
Your Apple device should now be detected successfully within iTunes.