iOS 9 & Laterfull desktop version of YouTube from the Safari for iOS browser on your Apple iPhone or iPad, you can by performing just a few steps. Follow this tutorial, and you’ll have access to all of the features the desktop version of the website offers in no time.
These steps may also not work if the YouTube app is installed. So you may want to uninstall it.
Option 2 – Desktop Menu>If you don’t want to type out the long URL, you can perform these steps instead:
- Open the Safari app, type “youtube.com“, then press “Go“.
- The mobile version of YouTube will be displayed. You can then tap the menu button located in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu, then tap “Desktop“.
Option 3 – Safari Setting>iOS 9 & Later
- Visit YouTube.com in the Safari web browser.
- Tap and hold the circle with arrows icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select “Request Desktop Site“.
You are done! The desktop version of YouTube is displayed.
There you have it! Three ways to access the desktop version of YouTube from your iPhone or iPad.