Enabling a blue light filter on your computer has been shown to reduce eye strain. Newer versions of Microsoft Windows 10 has a feature built in that allows you to turn off blue light. You can use a third-party application for Windows 8, and 7. Here’s how.
- Right-click the Desktop, then choose “Display settings“.
- Toggle the “Night light” switch to “On” to enable the blue light filter.
- Select the “Night light settings” option to set the color temperature, or to schedule the night light. If you want to manually control when the night-light feature is turned on, switch the “Schedule night light” switch to “Off“, then use the “Turn on now” button to enable the blue light filter.
Any Version of Windows
If you want more options than Windows 10 provides, or use Windows 7, or 8, use this third-party option.
- Download and install the f.lux utility.
- Restart your computer.
- f.lux will run in the taskbar. Select it to make changes. Use the slider to select a desired display temperature.