Twitter has basically sucked for me for the past few months. I used to have a nice little community on the site, following many people I enjoyed regularly communicating with on the service. But I suddenly noticed that I was missing tweets on my timeline from many of the people I liked to tweet with. The tweets would appear in my custom “Lists”, but not in my main feed. Something had to have changed or wasn’t working properly.
It turns out, there was a setting enabled on my account that “personalizes” the experience on Twitter. Perhaps I accidentally toggled this setting. If I did enable it, I had no idea that it actually filters tweets.
To disable the setting that causes these missing tweets, follow these steps:
2. Select the settings gear icon in the upper-right corner.
3. Choose Settings.
4. Scroll down to the Personalization section.
5. Uncheck the Tailor Twitter based on my recent website visits selection.
6. Scroll down and select Save changes.
7. Type your Twitter account password.
That was it! Once I disable that setting, there we no more problems with missing tweets on my timeline. Now I can get back to enjoying everybody’s tweets instead of Twitter trying to figure out what I like.