If you want to capture the screen of your Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet, you can take a screenshot easily with these steps.
Option 1 – Palm Swipe
- Under “Settings” > “Advanced features” and set “Smart capture” to “On“.
- Slide the side of your hand across the screen from right to left.
Option 2 – Button Combo
- Navigate to the screen you wish to capture and get it looking just right.
- Press and hold the “Power” (–) and “Home” buttons simultaneously for about 1.5 seconds.
- Once you release the buttons, the screen should flash. If sound is on, you will also hear a camera shutter. The notification area will say “Saving screenshot…“
Once the notification message disappears, your screenshot is saved to the device. The image is also copied to the clipboard, so you can tap and hold a field and paste it anywhere.
Option 3 – S-Pen
- Eject the S-Pen from the device.
- Select the “Smart Select” option.
- Select a shape at the top of the screen.
- Use the S-Pen, select an area of the screen you would like to capture.
- Choose the desired option:
- Extract text
What location are the screenshots saved?
- When connected to a PC, it should be under Tablet > Pictures > Screenshots.
- On the device, open the Gallery app. You’ll have an album labeled “Screenshots” where you can view or share them.
Why doesn’t the Power + Volume Down shortcut work for me?
Many users struggle with getting the screenshot functionality. Be sure you press both buttons together to start, then hold them both down long enough. You also want to release both buttons at the same time. With practice you’ll get it right.