Best For Offices
- SmartDesk Core Duo
- ApexDesk Elite
Whether you’re looking for an upgrade from an older standing desk or you’re completely new to this type of desk, we’ve compiled a list of the best standing desks you can get your hands on at the moment! A bad standing desk is as bad as a normal sitting-down one, so be sure to pick the perfect fit for yourself and your needs!
- Less than 45 dB noise level
- Up to 220lbs weight capacity
- One touch control panel with memory function and charger ports
- 48″D x 28″W x 50″H
- 24.4” to 50” adjustable height range
- Desk hooks, cable management tray and 3-stage lift system
This stylish standing desk is a pretty affordable model for just about anyone. It’s well-designed with a multi-section tabletop design that’s ideal for using a keyboard and mouse on the desk surface no matter the colour choice. Either way, the desk is an eye-catcher that also impresses with attached desk hooks for bags, backpacks, or headphones and a cable management tray that allows users to keep cables and power strips safely contained.
The 3-stage lifting system makes for an exceptionally wide range of available height levels, which is especially useful for unusually tall or short users, or those who have unusually sized chairs they want to fit under their desks. It could also be a useful option for wheelchair users with larger chairs as it can comfortably accommodate both wheelchair users and their family members, particularly with the memory function that allows users to save height profiles and switch between them in just a few seconds, rather than having to manually adjust it every time. An additional sit/stand alarm can be set in order to remind users to switch between standing and sitting regularly.
- Unusually large adjustable height range is ideal for very tall or short people
- Convenience features such as desk hooks allow a more clutter-free desk
- Charging ports make for a convenient way to keep your phone charged
- Difficult to understand and follow assembly instructions
- Desk motor is quiet but weak, so it takes some time to raise or lower the desk
- Ergonomic tabletop shape
- Multiple colour/design/size options on a solid steel frame
- 1.5”/second movement speed
- 27″D x 60″W x 48.7″H
- 29” to 49” adjustable height range
- 235lbs weight capacity
This stylish desk is available in a range of frame and tabletop colours and combinations. The tabletop is an ergonomically shaped 1” plate that allows users to easily reach different sections of the large desk even with shorter arms. The table has a particularly sturdy desk frame that allows for up to 235lbs load capacity and makes it easy to swap out parts that might need replacing – with the American-based company promises extremely fast shipping of needed parts.
The table can be assembled in less than an hour and is explicitly designed in order to accommodate monitor mounts with clamps. A 10.5” gap in the bevelling of the desk edges in the back is ideal for up to two C-clamp mounts for monitors. Both corners of the table also offer a cable management opening, to make it easier to manage cables for peripherals, accessories, and more. In addition to the desk itself, the company also offers matching side tables and an under-table keyboard tray that can be mounted on in just a few minutes, meaning it’s easy to assemble a whole office in a matching set-style, centred around the desk.
- Bevelled edges with a regular section in the middle are ideal for C-clamp mounts
- Fixed crossbar with locking leg levers makes the desk extremely fast to assemble
- Parts can be replaced without complete disassembly
- A little pricy for the features
- Some colour options (red apple top, for example) offer slightly different stats, such as a lower minimum height that other options don’t have.
- Connective Bluetooth app to store and keep desk height settings for users
- Available in two size models and multiple colour configurations
- Anti-collision and tilt-over detection
- 47” L x 23.5” D x 22.4” H
- 24.4” to 48.5” adjustable height range
- Up to 265lbs lift capacity
The ZipDesk is a little on the pricier side, but it offers a great number of features to go with it. Like similar models, the ZipDesk offers a programmable digital controller that allows you to save height profiles, which can also be done in the associated app. Said app allows the user to keep their preferred height settings, allowing them to connect with other ZipDesks – while cool, this feature is, realistically, useless unless you regularly share multiple ZipDesks with other people in a shared office, for example.
The dual-stage, dual-motor setup of the desk makes for a smooth, speedy transition with solid safety features. The table features anti-collision and tilt-detection that make sure your desk doesn’t accidentally tip while moving up or down, and that it won’t continue to move after bumping into something like other furniture, or for example, a pet or small child under the desk! For the most part, the desk is manufactured in Michigan, US, making it a (mostly) locally-built option in a foreign-dominated market.
- 10-year warranty as well as 100-day satisfaction guarantee make it a good desk to try out
- Good amount of safety features
- Dual-motor lift is both fast and quiet
- The associated Bluetooth app is somewhat unnecessary and probably not too useful for most users
- The promised ‘less than 5 minutes’ assembly definitely takes more than 5 minutes
- Central power beam for power outlets and more
- User-specific programmable keypads with memory functions
- 50dB motor noise level
- Up to 290lbs capacity on each desk
- 29.4” to 48” adjustable height range
- 53”L x 29” W per desk x 61” W overall
This unusual double-desk model offers a solution for offices with multiple users and limited space. Both halves can be separately adjusted and set up, allowing one user to stand and another to sit, or alternatively to stand at different heights. Even single users can make use of the double desk if they have enough space, using the second half to mount monitors, or simply as storage. The main appeal however is a space-saving and sturdy solution for multiple users in offices that don’t easily accommodate separate standing desks which can be quite large on their own.
The centre beam of the desk has a set of ready-to-use USB ports and AC outlets as well as ethernet and phone ports that give easy access to much-needed technical functionality. When combined with the cable storage functions under the desk, users can create a tidy space without sacrificing access to the many cables needed to make an office run smoothly.
- Space-saving option for smaller offices housing multiple people
- Sturdy and due to desk type, unusually high weight capacity
- Separately adjustable desk sections to allow different users to set up according to their own preferences
- Too big for a lot of private offices
- Limited appeal for some users
That was our roundup of the best mid-market standing deks in 2022. Have you recently bought a mid-market standing desk? What sold you on it and what has your experience been with it so far? Let us know down below.
Did this help? Let us know!