Sometimes you might need to perform a soft or hard reset on the Acer Iconia 10 tablet. A soft reset will simply restart the tablet without data loss. A hard reset will clear all data and settings from the device and set it back to factory default settings.
A soft reset may be required if the device is frozen and unresponsive on a black or white screen. To perform a soft reset, simply press and hold the “Power” button until the Acer logo appears on the screen.
A hard reset may be required if you experience constant problems with the device or if the tablet is changing ownership.
Note: If the device is changing ownership or you plan to use a different Google account with it, be sure to remove any Google accounts under “Settings” > “Accounts” before performing a hard reset. This will remove the device protection.
Starting at the Home screen, bring up the Apps list and choose “Settings” > “Backup & reset” > “Factory data reset” > “Reset tablet” > “Erase Everything“.
- With the tablet powered off, press and hold the “Volume Up” button.
- Press the “Power” button for about 2 seconds to turn the tablet on, then release it. Continue to hold “Volume Up“.
- When you see the recovery menu on the screen, release the “Volume Up” button.
- Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection to highlight “Wipe Data/Factory Reset“.
- Press “Power” to choose the selection.
This tutorial applies to the Acer Iconia 10 models B3-A30 and B3-A40.