Microsoft Windows Office is used every day by millions of people to write documents, make sheets, organize their work, and much more. Everyone who uses any program from the Office suite often returns to the same document again and again, which is why it is important to be able to a file to the open list in Microsoft Office, so you can find it any time you want.
Pinning makes it possible to find files and folders easily. You don’t need to search all of your recently created documents for what you need. Just pin your document in the open list. This means you’ll be able to find it quickly on your device no matter where you are.
Each time you open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, you will have your pinned file or folder just a few clicks away, less if you use Ctrl+O shortcut.
Pros & Cons of Using MS Office 2019
While MS Office is one of the most popular productivity program packages in the world, it might not be the best option for you depending on your devices, as well as the goal you want to achieve. Weigh the benefits and the drawbacks carefully and determine which option is the best for you.
– Good Native Apps
– Resource Heavy
– Developed for keyboard & mouse
You can buy an activation card for Microsoft Office 2019 from Amazon and get it shipped by mail. The code will work for both Windows and MacOS users.
Steps to Pin a File
Here’s a run-down of the general steps to pin:
1. Create your desired document by using any of the Microsoft Office programs. You can also use third party programs to create your document.
2. From the File menu choose Open, File > Open. You can also click Control + O, on your keyboard to access recently visited files.
3. Now drag your mouse on the file, you wish to pin.
4. A pin icon will appear on the right side of your selected file.
5. Now click on the pin icon. Your file will go to the top of the Opening list of Microsoft Office. Your file will appear as a pinned file.
6. Now you can add as many files as you want to your pin list.
Steps to Pin a Folder
In Windows, it is easy to organize files in a group. This group of files is called a folder. You can store your relevant documents in a single folder. What if, you could pin your folders in the Opening List of the Microsoft Office? It really sounds good. Let me show you an easy tutorial to pin your folders on top of the Opening List.
1. Access the File menu and hit the Save button for your document. You can also use Control + S command from your keyboard. Now you can have a look on the list of 5 most recently accessed folders.
2. Find your folder and drag your mouse over the folder name.
3. A pin icon will appear on the right side of your desired folder.
4. Now select the pin icon by left click on it.
5. Your folder will appear on the top of the saved item window in Microsoft Office. Your folder will display under the caption of
6. To pin a folder, which is absent in the list, open any of its files. This step will add the folder in the recently opened folder list.
Unpin Your File or Folders
You can also unpin your files and folders. Once a file or folder is no longer in your priority list, unpin it with these steps.
1. Open your pinned list. Now click on the pin icon of desired file or folder.
2. Your file will no longer appear in the pinned list of Microsoft Office.
We hope this Microsoft Office feature will help you gain quick access to your files and folders.
The solution above pins it to the Quick Access list in Windows. What we want is to pin folders to the Recents list in Excel itself (or Word, Powerpoint etc) which was possible in earlier versions of Office.
The problem is that this is not happening: To pin a folder, which is absent in the list, open any of its files. This step will add the folder in the recently opened folder list.
The folder does not appear in the list anywhere. I open the files in the folder, but that doesn’t place it in the recently opened list.