You’ve made an appointment in Outlook 2016 or 2013, but now you want to cancel it without sending a cancellation notification to everybody you invited. When you delete it from your Calendar, the only options you are provided are:
- Send cancellation
- Don’t cancel
Here’s how to cancel the appointment without sending the cancel notification to attendees.
- Select the meeting in your calendar, then choose “Cancel” from the “File” menu.
- Remove email addresses from the “To” field.
- Select “Send Cancellation“.
- Select the “Send/Receive” tab.
- Select the “Work Offline” button.
- Make the changes or delete your calendar appointment, then choose to “Send cancellation“.
- Go to the “Outbox” and delete all of the cancellation messages.
- Go back to “Send/Receive” and select “Work Offline” again to turn it off.
- Now a notification will be prevented from being sent out.