Users of the Microsoft Teams app for MacOS may encounter a problem where the entire screen is blank except for a splash screen that says “Loading Microsoft Teams…”. This message stays there forever and Microsoft Teams never loads.
You can often fix this problem with these steps:
Fix 1 – Add Teams to Accessibility Screen
- Select the Apple menu, then choose System Preferences.
- Open Security & Privacy.
- Select Accessibility on the left pane.
- Click the Lock icon at the lower-left part of the window, then type your password.
- Ensure that Microsoft Teams is checked. If it’s not listed, select the + then select Microsoft Teams.
- Restart Microsoft Teams, and it should now load successfully.
Fix 2 – Clear Teams Folder
- From the Finder, hold down the Option key on your keyboard, then select Go > Library.
- Open Applicaton Support > Microsoft > Teams.
- Delete everything in the Teams folder.
- Restart Microsoft Teams and see if it loads successfully.