Sometimes you may need random information for support purposes such as the MAC address, serial number or version of the OS to your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet. There are no labels on the device with this information. You’ll need to use the menus in the OS to access them.
5th Generation Fire Models
- From the Home screen, open “Settings” > “Wi-Fi“.
- Select the menu located at the right-top corner of the screen
- Select “Advanced“, and you will be able to view the MAC address.
Open “Settings” > “Device Options“. The “Serial Number” is displayed on the screen.
Open “Settings” > “Device Options” > “System Updates“. The version of the Fire OS is displayed.
- From the home screen, tap the settings gear in the upper-right corner, then tap “More“.
- Tap “Device” at the bottom of the menu list.
- The “Serial Number“, “MAC Address“, “SystemVersion” as well as other information is displayed on the screen. Note that the System Version indicates the version of the OS build specifically for the Kindle Fire and not the version of Android.
This tutorial applies to the original Kindle Fire, as well as the HD7, HD8, HD10, and HDX models.