The Amazon Kindle Fire may display the mobile version of a web page instead of the full version. On a tablet like this, I like to always get the full-featured version of a website since I have a strong Wi-Fi connection and a big screen. You can set the Kindle Fire’s Silk browser to always display the full desktop version of web pages with this setting.
5th Generation and Newer Fire Models
- Open the Silk browser.
- Visit the website you wish to view in full desktop mode.
- Select the “Menu” icon located at the upper-right corner on the address bar.
- Select “Desktop site“.
Older Versions of Kindle Fire
- Open the “Browser“.
- Tap the “Menu” button and select “Settings“.
- Scroll down and tap the “Desktop or mobile view” setting.
- Choose “Desktop: Optimize for desktop view“.
The Kindle Fire will now only display full version of web pages and never display the mobile version.