Save media like photos or videos from a text message you have received on your Apple iPhone 8 or X using these steps.
- Tap on the “Messages” app to open it and then choose the message which holds your picture.
- Tap on the photo you wish to save.
- In the lower left corner, you’ll see a box with an arrow in it. Tap on this box to open up the options.
- You can now tap on the “Save Image” icon to save the picture to your iPhone.
Additionally, you can choose other options, as well:
- Tapping the “Mail” icon allows you to send this image to someone without having to save it to your phone.
- Tapping the “Twitter” icon will allow you to Tweet the photo without first saving it. Additionally, tapping the Facebook icon lets you post it to your Facebook timeline.
- Choosing the “Assign to Contact” option lets you save this snapshot as the default icon for one of your contacts. I just did this last night when my youngest sent me a picture she had taken of herself (a “selfie”) that was adorable. I immediately assigned it to show up every time she calls me.
- Tapping the “Print” option allows you to send the picture to a wireless printing device IF one is already available.
- The “Copy” function allows you to copy the picture to a “clipboard” which then lets you paste it directly into a new text message to someone else if you’d like to.
To access the photos you’ve saved from text messages, tap on the “Photos” app on your iPhone and choose the “Camera Roll” option. You can now enjoy these snapshots anytime you wish.
Let’s hope none of us who are grandmas run out of storage space on our phones thanks to all of the various shots of the little ones!