- Select the Gear in the upper-right corner of the screen or the “Tools” menu if you have the menu bar enabled, then select “Internet Options“.
- Select the “Security” tab.
- Select the zone you wish to modify. In most cases, it will be “Internet“.
- Select the “Custom level…” button.
- Scroll down to the “Scripting” area and select the radio button to “Enable” or “Disable” it “Active scripting“. You may also opt for IE11 to “Prompt” you to allow scripts to run.
- Select “OK“, then “OK” again.
Why is the “Custom Level…” button grayed out for me?
You may not have permission to modify settings in IE. Try closing IE, then re-open it by right-clicking the icon, then choosing “Run as Administrator”. If that doesn’t work, you may need to login as an admin to the system. If you are working in a corporate or school environment, you may need to contact your IT department.