OneNote may sometimes throw an error that says the content you’re trying to access is not available yet. This error message usually occurs after the app stopped working and you restarted it. This is because OneNote failed to properly sync your notes.
When you get the “Content not yet available” error on your OneNote desktop app, you often receive the following alert on the online app: “Sorry, it looks like this page was added from another computer and hasn’t synced yet. Click here or press ENTER to reload“. The problem is that if you press Enter to load the page again, nothing happens, or you get the same error over and over again.
Solutions to Fix OneNote Content Not yet Available Error
Log out and Restart OneNote
This error indicates some of your notebooks failed to sync. As a quick solution, log out of your OneNote account and close the app. Then relaunch it and sign back in. In this manner, your computer will establish a fresh connection to OneNote’s servers and possibly resolve the issue.
Additionally, be sure you’re running the latest Onenote app version on your machine. Check for updates if your app version is outdated.
Empty Your Recycle Bin
Several users managed to solve this issue by emptying the Recycle Bin. If OneNote is somehow trying to sync individual sections or pages you sent to the bin, no wonder the process fails. Permanently delete all the files from your recycle bin and check if the issue persists.
Launch the Recycle Bin, click on Recycle Bin Tools, and then select Empty Recycle Bin.
Check Your Connection
Ensure you’re connected to the Internet. This error may also indicate your connection dropped or it’s not stable. Restart your router and use a cable connection if you’re on a Wi-Fi connection. Or connect to a mobile hotspot if that’s possible.
Check If the Content Is Available on Another Device
Check if you can access the problematic page or section on another device. If the respective page has been shared with multiple users, ask them to check if they’re experiencing the same issue. If the content is visible to other users, ask them to copy or move it to a new section. Then check if everybody can access the new area.
Restore OneDrive Storage
If none of the users can access the problematic content, restore OneDrive storage. Basically, you’re going to restore the content to a previous state.
- Go to the OneDrive website and sign in.
- Then navigate to Settings → Options → Restore your OneDrive. If you’re using a work or school account, go directly to Settings → Restore your OneDrive.
- Select the date from the dropdown list.
- Select the activities you want to undo.
- Hit the Restore button.
Tips to Avoid “Content Not yet Available” Errors
- Ensure your connection is stable.
- Don’t exit Onenote until you see the successful sync status icon, which confirms your data has been synced to the cloud.
- Wait until your notebook has reached OneNote’s servers. Each page and section you edit, update or save, need time to reach OneNote’s servers. If your try to access that notebook before the content has been fully synched, you may receive the “Content Not Yet Available” error message.
If OneNote says the content you’re trying to access is not yet available, this indicates the app needs more time to sync the notebook to the servers. But if the error doesn’t go away after a few minutes, restart OneNote and check if you can copy the problematic content to a new section. If that doesn’t work, restore OneDrive.
Did you manage to solve this problem? Let us know in the comments below.