Wi-Fi calling is useful if you’re in an area with a bad voice signal and strong Wi-Fi. You can turn Wi-Fi Calling on the Google Pixel 2 smartphone on or off using these steps.
Note: Not all wireless carriers support Wi-Fi calling. If you don’t have these options, your wireless carrier may not support it.
Enable Advanced Calling
First, make sure that Advanced Calling is turned on with these steps:
- Slide the apps list up, then open “Settings“
- Select one of the following depending on your device:
- “Network & Internet” > “Mobile network” > “Advanced”
- If you see the “Advanced Calling” option, skip to the next step.
- Select “Advanced Calling“.
- Tap “Activate Advanced Calling“.
- Choose “Activate” > “Continue” > “OK“. Then restart the device when prompted.