Connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 to a PC and transfer data between both devices. Here’s how it’s done.
- Windows users should download and install the USB drivers for the Galaxy S7. Mac users can download and install Android File Transfer.
- Connect the device to an available USB port using the included USB cable.
- A prompt will appear on the screen of the phone that says “Connected as media device” or “Connected for charging“. Drag the notification area down, tap it, then make a selection based on what you wish to do with the device.
- Transferring media files – Connect the phone to your computer to transfer files. Windows users can look under Computer and find the device listed under Portable Devices.
- Transferring images – Transfer photos or other image files via PTP connection.
- Software installation – Install software for your phone on your PC or Mac.
- Connecting MIDI devices – Use the phone as a Musical Instrument Digital Interface player.
- Charging – Just charge the battery.
Mirror Galaxy S7 Screen on PC>The Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone has the ability to mirror your screen to a Windows or Mac PC so that you may interact with your device from your computer.
- Ensure your S7 is NOT connected to the computer.
- Download and install SideSync on your computer.
- Download and install SideSync on your S7.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC, or connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
- Start “SideSync” on your PC.
- Launch “SideSync“on your S7.
- The app should find your PC. Select it from the list of available devices.
- From the PC, confirm that you would like the device to connect to your PC.
- You will have many options using SideSync from the PC, including a “Phone screen” option that will allow you to actually use your phone from your PC. You can also select the “Folder” icon if you wish to transfer files using the SideSync software.
FAQWhat file formats does the Galaxy S7 support?
Audio files in WAV, MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, MIDI, XMF, EVRC, QCELP, WMA, FLAC, OGG formats and video files in Divx, H.263, H.264, MPEG4, VP8, VC–1 (Format: 3gp, 3g2, mp4, wmv(asf), avi, mkv, flv) format.
Does Samsung Kies work with the Galaxy S7?
Why is my computer is not detecting my device?
Usually, the cable is the problem. Try another USB cable to see if it works. Also try to plug it into a different port on your computer.
Well that’s all you should need to know about connecting your Samsung Galaxy S7 to your PC. Questions? Comments? Observations? Leave any in the comments section below.
This post applies to the SM-G930F and SM-G935F (Edge) Models of the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone.