When using any device, there will inevitably be a time when you need to cut, copy or paste text within an app or into another one. I cannot survive without the Samsung Notes app on my Samsung Galaxy S10, that’s for sure. I cannot begin to count how many times I end up needing to copy and paste things from my Notes app into an email, text or even Facebook message.
You can copy text from most of the apps (and Internet pages) on your device. There are a few that will not allow it, and you will figure out which they are as you try. Sadly, there is no “full list” of apps that disallow copying or I would share it with you. It is just a matter of trial and error.
In any case, let me show you the magic of copying, pasting and saving yourself a whole lot of time!
Keep in mind that this method works on nearly all Android devices!
- With the page or app open you want to copy from, hold your finger on top of one of the words you wish to select. When you do, you will notice a small box pop up with a few options.
- Prior to choosing one of the options, you will need to select ALL of the text you wish to copy. To do this, simply use your fingers to drag the little blue box (by holding down on one of the “handles” at the corners of that box) back and forward until all the needed text is highlighted.
- Once your text is selected, the options box is still available to you. You will see that you can choose from ”Copy,” ”Cut,”, ”Paste,” and ”More.” The ”More” button is used when you want to select all of the text on the page. In this instance, you are obviously going to choose to ”Copy.”
Now that you have selected and copied the text you wish to paste elsewhere, it is time to learn how to do so!
- Open up the page or app that you wish to place your copied text onto. Find a blank spot (or the exact spot you wish the information to go) and hold your finger down. A new options box will open at this point.
- Choose the ”Paste” option and your text will automatically show up!
- Additionally, you can choose to paste a screenshot or photo saved on your phone or something you had copied previously. When you hold your finger down in the spot you wish to place one of these, tap the ”Clipboard” option.
- Scroll through the list and choose what you wish to paste into your app or document/note and it will again automatically show up for you!
The ”Cut” option can be easily chosen from the above menu once you have selected text to remove it, instead of having to backspace to get rid of it. Not only will this delete the selected text, it will also still save it to your clipboard.
Now that you have mastered how to Cut, Copy and Paste on the Galaxy S10, what other things can I help you learn how to do?