Microsoft Teams may sometimes start to flicker and flash heavily for no apparent reason at all. This unusual behavior renders Teams completely unusable. Users cannot read their messages, and they can’t navigate to different app sections or log out. Let’s dive right in and explore how you can troubleshoot this problem.
⇒ Check if This Is a Known Issue
Before you pursue any troubleshooting solutions, check if this is a known bug. Go to the Office Service Status page and check if Microsoft already acknowledged the problem. Check if other users have complained about the same problem lately.
Microsoft Teams Screen Flashes on Android
- Some users managed to solve this problem by installing the beta version of the Authenticator app.
- Other users fixed the issue by switching to cellular data for one or two minutes. Use your phone normally and then switch back to Wi-Fi and check the results. This workaround should fix the problem, but you may need to disable and re-enable Wi-Fi again after a while.
- Clearing the app cache is another potential solution. Go to Settings, tap Apps, select Teams, go to Storage, and then hit the Clear cache button.
- Additionally, you can remove your Office 365 account, restart your device, and add back your account.
- Check if there are any updates available for the Teams app and Android OS. Install them, restart your device, and relaunch Teams.
- Log into your Teams account via your browser and change your password. Save the new settings and check if Teams is working properly now.
- If you also use Skype, navigate to Android settings → Accounts → select Skype and remove the account.
- If the issue persists, try reinstalling the app. First, go to the Play Store, search for Teams, and hit the Uninstall button. Restart your device and reinstall Teams.
If the screen of your Android device flickers uncontrollably when you launch Teams, turn off your Wi-Fi connection. Use cellular data for two minutes, and you can then switch back to Wi-Fi. Additionally, clear the app cache, check for Android OS updates and reinstall Teams. Hit the comments below and let us know if you managed to fix this annoying Teams issue.