Microsoft Sudoku is a popular game among Windows 10 users. Well, OK, not as popular as the classic Solitaire game, but pretty close.
Unfortunately, MS Sudoku may sometimes fail to save your progress. This is a pretty frustrating issue, especially if you’re playing on a high difficulty level.
What to Do If Microsoft Sudoku Won’t save Progress
Check If This Is a Known Issue
If Microsoft Sudoku no longer saves your game, check if is this is a known problem. There have been quite a few such episodes over the years. As a matter of fact, the most recent one dates from November 2020. Microsoft promised to roll out a fix in early 2021. However, at the time of writing, this is still an ongoing issue. In other words, more than two months have passed, and Microsoft still hasn’t fixed the game.
Uninstall Recent Updates
If the problem occurred shortly after you installed the latest Windows 10 updates, uninstall them.
- Open the Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
- Click on Installed Updates.
- Select the update(s) you want to delete.
- Hit the Uninstall button.
- Disable Windows Update to prevent the OS from installing the updates again. Use this step-by-step guide to get the job done.
- Restart your computer. Launch Microsoft Sudoku and check if you can save your game progress.
Set Your Date Back
If you set your date and time settings back before the day the issue occurred, you should be able to complete the challenges of that month.
- Go to Date and Time settings and toggle off Set time automatically.
- Under Set the date and time manually, click on the Change button.
- Set your date back and apply the changes.
- Launch Sudoku.
Did you find other ways to fix Microsoft Sudoku’s progress saving issues? Let us know in the comments below.