If you’re a Fitbit user, you might have a problem where the screen is black and/or the device is not powering on. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to try to solve this issue.
Reset While Connecting Charger
What usually does the trick for most users is holding the buttons to reset the Fitbit while connecting it to the charger.
- Ensure the charging connectors on the Fitbit and the charger are clear of debris.
- Perform the following steps depending on your model:
- Ionic, Sense, & Versa: Hold the button down for 10 seconds, then connect the charger. Continue to hold the button down for 10 more seconds.
- Alta, Charge & Luxe: With the charger connected to a power source and the Fitbit, press the button located on the charger 3 times at a 1 second pace, then wait 10 seconds.
- Ace 2,3, & Inspire: Hold all buttons down on the tracker for 5 seconds, then connect the charger. Continue to hold all buttons down for 10 more seconds.
Hopefully, after performing these steps, your Fitbit is revived and you’re back to using it again. If not, try performing the steps again.
It may take a while for the Fitbit screen to turn back on in instances where the device has an extremely low battery.
Try a Different Charger
If the above steps didn’t work for you, it is possible that the charger is not working. See if you can borrow a charger from a friend or purchase a new one.
If nothing seems to work for you, contact Fitbit support about your problem. If you just purchased your Fitbit, it may still be under warranty.