If you want to play a trick on your Facebook friends, you can fake your location and make it look as if you were in a faraway exotic country. Well, if you haven’t done that before, we’ll show you what are the steps to follow.
The good news is that you can use Facebook Check In to select any location you want. The platform does not check if you’re actually located where you say you are. You can select any city in the world and pretend you’re there.
Of course, if you want to make your story more credible, you can also add some photos you edited beforehand. Or maybe some old photos of you visiting that place many years ago.
Steps to Fake Facebook Location on Mobile
- Tap on What’s on your mind.
- Then select Check-In.
- If you’re prompted to enable Location Services, deny the permission. After all, you want to fake your location.
- Tap Search and type the name of the place or city you want to check in to.
- Then scroll up to see the search results.
- Select the location you like and publish your post.
Steps to Fake Facebook Location on PC
- Click on What’s on your mind.
- Then click on the Check In icon.
- Enter the name of the place you want to check in to.
- Hit the Post button to let everyone know where you are. Actually, where you want them to think you are.
You can also use an app to fake your real GPS location if you like. But this is not really necessary. As you’ve already seen, Facebook lets you pick any location you want.
We just hope the company does not add strict check-in rules in the future so as to prevent users from faking their location. Facebook is currently waging a major war against fake news. So, the idea of Facebook blocking users from faking their location does not seem that far-fetched anymore.