Microsoft Office Suite’s PowerPoint helps design outstanding presentations for work, school, and personal use. It offers versatile features such as the ability to add Excel Sheets, pie charts, graphs, audio clips and images to the presentation.
With PowerPoint, there is also the ability to insert a YouTube video into it. YouTube videos can be a great source of educational content and be a useful addition to a presentation.
But what if you don’t know how to insert a YouTube video into your presentation? That’s not a problem.
Pros & Cons of Embedding a YouTube Video in a PowerPoint Slide
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, meaning that at 60 frames per second a three-minute video is worth more than ten million words.
But, that doesn’t mean that it is wise to place a video in your presentation every time. Make sure that all of the requirements are met before opting for this method of presentation.
– Easy to do
– Lighter than a hi-res picture
– Needs internet access
– Quality and loading speed depend on the bandwidth
– Might include ads
– Will need a device capable of playing YouTube videos
Online Video Method
Microsoft Office is the best Windows supported Office Suite to date. It has in-program tools to accomplish many of the tasks you require. In PowerPoint, you can add an online YouTube video into your presentation with such a tool. Follow these steps to embed one:
- Search for the video you want on YouTube.
- Copy the link of the video from the address bar.
- Select the slide from your presentation where you want to add the video.
- Tap the Insert tab, then Video > Online Video.
- Insert the video link in the address bar. Tap on the thumbnail and hit the insert button. Your video is now inserted.
You can also make any necessary changes in the appearance of the video once it is in the PowerPoint. The YouTube video acts like a regularly inserted item.
Embed Code Method
A second way to add a YouTube video into your PowerPoint presentation is with an embed code. This method is a little more advanced than other methods. Follow these steps:
1. Search for the video you require on YouTube. Below the video, there is a share button with an Embed Copy the code of the video.
2. Tap the Insert tab, Video > Online Video. Put the code in it and tap the Insert
The Embed Code method also gives you the liberty to customize the video features.
Screen Capture Method
The above methods need an active internet connection to insert the video. In the Screen Capture technique, you do not. You will need a video downloader tool to use this method. Free Cam is a good option. The Screen Capture method allows you to add your video into the Microsoft PowerPoint presentation when you are offline. Follow these steps for this method:
- Open your browser and paste the link to your video in the search box.
- Hide the YouTube video player icons and buttons. This will enhance the viewing experience.
- Start the Free Cam app and tap on New Recording.
- From the Settings menu, choose Record Sound System Make sure to uncheck the Microphone box.
- To proceed with the recording, tap on the red colored recording button. You can finish recording by pressing the Escape
- Preview your recording and make the necessary alterations through the Edit Now save your video in the desired folder on your computer.
- In Microsoft PowerPoint, you can add this video as a Video on my PC.
Every embedding method has its advantages and disadvantages. Once you know which video you wish to add to your PowerPoint presentation, you can choose the embedding option that works best for you. Follow these various steps and you are on your way to great presentations.
You can buy an activation card for Microsoft Office 2019 from Amazon and get it shipped by mail. The code will work for both Windows and MacOS users.
Did this help? Let us know!