Want to get started with downloading and installing apps to your Amazon Fire device? Here’s how.
Option 1 – Download From Appstore on Device
- Swipe over to the Home screen and select the “Appstore” icon.
- Navigate the site to find an app you want, or search for it using the search box at the top of the screen.
- When viewing an app, select the “Get App” button, and the “Download” button to download the app.
The app will download and automatically install.
Option 2 – Push App From Amazon Website
- From a web browser, visit the Amazon Appstore.
- Navigate to an app you wish to download
- From the app page, select your device in the “Deliver to” drop-down menu, then select “Get App“.
The app will be pushed to your Fire and automatically install.
Option 3 – Install Apps From Third Party Sites
If the Amazon Appstore doesn’t have the app you want, you can use third-party websites to install Android apps from an APK file using these steps.
- Go to “Settings” > “Security” > “Apps from Unknown Sources“ and turn it “On“.
- Using the web browser (Silk) on the Fire tablet, visit the website. Personally, I use APKMirror.
- Download the file from the website.
- Open the notification area (top bar). It should show that the .APK file is downloading. Tap it once the download has finished.
- Select “Install“.