I use AVG Antivirus to protect my computer from viruses. It does a good job, but it constantly warns me with a popup balloon in the lower-right corner saying that Firefox, Google Chrome or other applications are using too much memory. It’s normal for these applications to use a large amount of memory, so the warning gets pretty constant as well as irritating. You can shut off these popup notifications with these steps.
Note: These steps were created using AVG 2015 for Windows.
- Select the AVG icon in the system tray then select “Open AVG“.
- Select “Options” located at the upper-right corner of the window.
- Choose “Advanced Settings…“.
- Select “Appearance” on the left pane.
- Uncheck “Display system tray notifications“.
- Select “OK” once you’ve made desired changes and you should now be free of these annoyances when using your computer.
How do I disable the “You have lost your advanced protection! Your protection has expired.” popup?
There is no setting for that. You’ll have to install the completely free version of AVG. Follow the steps to remove the AVG trial on AVG’s website.