I use AVG Antivirus to protect my computer from viruses. It does a good job, but it constantly warns me with a popup balloon in the lower-right corner saying that Firefox, Google Chrome or other applications are using too much memory. It’s normal for these applications to use a large amount of memory, so the warning gets pretty constant as well as irritating. You can shut off these popup notifications with these steps.
Note: These steps were created using AVG 2023 for Windows.
- Select the AVG icon in the system tray to open the interface.
- Select “Menu” at the upper-right corner, then choose “Settings“.
- Choose “Notifications“.
- Check the “Silent mode” box to prevent any pop-ups, alerts, or messages.
- Uncheck “Ask to scan external storage” if desired.
- Select “Close” once you’ve made desired changes and you should now be free of these annoyances when using your computer.