If you need a change from the conventional on-screen keyboard, the Samsung Note 10 offers a fantastic solution. You can use the remarkable Samsung Galaxy S-pen to write manually and convert your handwriting to text. Even more, you can quickly turn the text into a Microsoft Word document or paste the text into an email.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10’s Samsung Notes comes with an MS Word export option while the Note 10+ comes pre-loaded with Office Mobile. Besides exporting in .docx, you’ll get other file type export options for your Samsung Notes. These include text, image, and PDF file types.
The main feature that sets apart this Galaxy Note series from the previous S-series is the versatile S-pen. With the last series, the S-pen was considerably limited in what it could do. With this iteration, apart from the handwriting-to-text feature, you can take pictures from a distance and capture crisp images using Bluetooth-enabled capabilities. You can also change your handwriting style.
Learn to Convert Handwriting to Text Using Samsung Notes
Not surprisingly, the latest Samsung Galaxy series has quickly become the most prominent. Its text-to-handwriting feature is just one reason why. Paired with the most updated word processing and Samsung Note applications, converting your handwriting has become a smooth and enjoyable experience.
It is, therefore, crucial that you learn how to convert handwriting to text using this remarkable feature.
How to Enable Instant Handwriting-to-Text
S Note is a built-in app in virtually all Samsung mobile devices. Considering that these devices allow users to use styluses, you can use your new S Note to take notes in real-time using the screen as paper.
However, the option for instantaneous handwriting-to-text is disabled by default in the S Note. Thus, whenever a user scribbles the stylus on the device screen, only the handwritten characters are registered. This means that the feature must be manually enabled so that the characters can convert to text.
Follow this process to enable the S Note option for handwriting-to-text:
- Tap the icon for “App Drawer” on the Samsung tablet or smartphone.
- To initiate this app, click on the icon for “S-Note.”
- Tap on the + icon in the top right section of the displayed screen.
- Go to the window for “Select a Template.”
- Tap on the desired template in the list displayed.
- Go to the “Productivity Tools bar” (in the corner on the top left).
- Tap and hold (long tap) the icon for “Formula Match” or f(x.).
- Go to the “Displayed options.”
- Click on the icon for “Handwriting to text.”
You can now use the S Note stylus to write handwritten characters that are instantly converted to text.
- To return to the usual handwritten format, go to the “Productivity Tools Bar” and click on the “Pen” icon.
- You may select the icon for “Shape Match” or “Formula Match” to enable the S Note to recognize drawn shapes or formulas and convert them to their corresponding objects.
Methods to Convert Handwriting to Text with the S-Note
You don’t have to enable instant handwriting-to-text conversion to convert your handwriting to text. There are several other methods you can employ using Samsung Notes. Let us explore a few.
The First Method
- Download the Samsung Notes app using the featured download link.
- Launch the “Notes App.”
- Click on the app.
- Choose the option to “draw or write using pens” You will find this on the top section of the screen.
- Go to the screen for the “note composer” and start writing using the S-pen.
- Tap on this “note composer” screen with your finger.
- Use the option in the “preview window” to highlight your handwriting on the screen page.
- Click on “convert”; the handwriting will instantly convert to text.
The Second Method
- Take out the S-Pen.
- Launch the “app for Samsung Notes.”
- Select the “line-thickness,” “color,” or “pen type” option.
- Take the handwritten notes.
- Tap on “Save.”
- Click on the icon for “handwriting-to-text” (it is found on the bottom section of the menu).
The handwritten note will instantly convert to text with accuracy. You may then copy-paste this text into a message or email.
The Third Method
- Open your “Samsung Notes.”
- Scribble down one or two lines.
- Double-click on a specific word.
- Go to the small window featuring the “converted text.”
- Click on “convert.”
- Click on the icon for “Share” and select “a listed option” to save the file as PDF or Word.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ comes with incredible tools for creativity and productivity. Millions of enthusiastic users have taken advantage of the fantastic features offered by Samsung’s S-pen to pursue their deep passions and achieve various goals. Yes, the Samsung Galaxy S-pen lets you live your writing dreams.