If YouTube keeps telling you that something went wrong and could not log in to your account, don’t panic. Login issues are more common than you might think but they’re also easy to fix. So, without further ado, let’s jump right in and explore how you can quickly fix this problem on PC and Android.
Why Can’t I Sign in to YouTube With My Google Account?
⇒ Quick Notes:
- Check if YouTube is down. Go to DownDetector and check if other users complained about similar problems. If this is a known issue, wait it out.
- Ensure there isn’t a typo in your username or password. Enter your full email address, and make sure your keyboard is in the right language.
Enable YouTube Cookies
Launch your browser and enable YouTube cookies under privacy settings. If you’re using Chrome or another Chromium-based browser, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings, click on Privacy and Security and scroll down to Site Settings.
- Then scroll down to Content, and select Cookies and site data.
- Refresh your tab and check the results.
Use Incognito Mode
Click on More options and select New incognito window. Check if you can sign in to your YT account. If you can access your account, this indicates something’s blocking the login process. It could be your cache, cookies, or extensions. Go to the next solution to solve the problem.
Clear Your Cache and Disable Your Extensions
Click on More options, click on History twice and select Clear browsing data. Then clear the cache and cookies from the last four weeks and check the results.
If you still can’t log in to YouTube, select All time under Time range to remove absolutely all the cache files and cookies stored on your browser. If the login problem persists, click again on More options, select Tools, go to Extensions and manually disable all your browser extensions.
Restart your computer, launch Chrome again, and try to log in to YouTube again.
Update Your Browser
If you’re running an outdated browser version on your machine, that may explain why you can’t log in to YouTube. Click on More options, go to Help, select About Google Chrome and check for updates. Install the latest browser version on your device, launch Chrome again and check the results.
If you still can’t log in to your YT account, switch to a different browser. Make sure to close all the other tabs except YouTube and try to log in again.
Maybe Your Account Got Hacked
By the way, if nothing’s working, this may indicate your YouTube account got hacked. Check if you can access your Google account and change your password. If you’re locked out, use the account recovery page and try to recover your account.
How to Fix YouTube Login Issues on Android
- Restart your device. Then enable Airplane Mode, wait for a few seconds, disable Airplane Mode, go back online, and try again.
- Update your YouTube app. Launch the Google Play app, type “youtube” in the search field, and check if a newer app version is available for download. Hit the Update button to install it.
- Clear the app cache. Go to Settings, select Apps, go to All apps and tap YouTube. Then select Storage and hit the Clear cache button.
- Reinstall the app. Uninstall Youtube, and restart your Android device. Then reinstall the app and try to log in again.
If you can’t log in to your YouTube account, check if your browser is to blame for this issue. Clear the cache, disable your extensions, check for updates and restart your browser. If you’re using the correct login details but you’re locked out, try to recover your account. Chances are your YouTube account got hacked.
Which of these solutions worked for you? Let us know in the comments below. If this guide helped you fix the problem, spread the word and share it on social media.